447th Bomb Group Association brala udział w bombardowaniu...

Dyskusje na temat miasta do 26 kwietnia 1945 r.
J-23kriskros

Postautor: J-23kriskros » 6 sty 2007, o 21:47

No to ciekawe co kolega napisał , wiadomo konstrukcja z aluminium nie mogła sie marnować. Nic dziwnego skoro w Kołobrzegu zlomiarze ukradli mosiężną tablice z nazwiskami marynarzy którzy nie powrócili z morza. Była na latarni morskiej przy kapitanacie portu. Własnie "kocham ten kraj" za to ze pełno tu takich idiotów co wszystko kradną co kolorowe., nie szanując zmarłych.
J-23kriskros

Postautor: J-23kriskros » 10 sty 2007, o 21:25

Źródło/Source:
http://www.nzetc.org/tm/scholarly/tei-WH2-2RAF-c14.html

"...Secondly, RAF Bomber Command with its successful attacks on the synthetic plants at Politz and Leuna now entered more fully into the oil campaign. In fact, the 47,000 tons dropped by British crews on oil targets during the first twelve weeks of 1945 was considerably more than the effort for the whole of the previous year. In January 1945 strong forces of Lancasters made further attacks on Leuna and Politz and also bombed the large oil plants at Brux, Wanne-Eickel, and Zeitz. In addition, the Benzol plants at Dortmund, Castrop-Rauxel, Fortsetzunge, and Langendreer were subjected to heavy raids. By the beginning of February the plant at Politz had been reduced to ‘a shambles of wrecked buildings, shattered tanks and buckled piping.’ It did not resume production again...."

Źródło/Source:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/ww2peopleswar/stor ... 4086.shtml

"...Our next operation to Stettin was in bright moonlight and we flew at low level across the North Sea and Denmark. Before approaching the target we climbed to 12,000 feet but going into the target we were coned by searchlights. Jack dived the aircraft at about 380mph and we were down to 5000 feet before getting out. However we bombed and then got the hell out of it. After leaving Stettin we again flew at low level for most of the way back. There were 31 aircraft missing from this operation and 52 damaged by flak: duration 8 hours. ..."

Polecam linka , w wyszukiwarke wpisac slowo: Stettin , wyświetlifajne opowiadania:
http://search.bbc.co.uk/cgi-bin/search/ ... 3414.shtml
slazmi

Postautor: slazmi » 11 lut 2007, o 22:01

A to jeden z samolotów który po bombardowaniu Arnimswalde i poźniejszym ostrzelaniu przez p-lotkę musiał awaryjnie lądować na Bornholmie
Załączniki
440411neksoplane.jpg
J-23kriskros

Postautor: J-23kriskros » 20 sie 2007, o 22:35

A oto jeden z asów niemieckiego Luftwaffe ( ur. w okolicy Myśliborza na Pomorzu) który zestrzelił USAAF B-17 four-engine bomber near Stettin:

No / Date / Time (A/c Type) /Unit // Location / Comments

70 29.5.1944 12:27 B-24 (nieścisłość podaja poniżej B-17 :) ) 5./JG 3 N Stettin

"..Hans “Specker” Grünberg was born on 8 July 1917 at Gross-Fahlenwerder in the Soldin area of Neumark/Pommern. Grünberg was serving with JG 3, based on the Eastern front, in August 1942. Unteroffizier Grünberg was assigned to 5./JG 3. He gained his first victory on 19 August 1942, when he shot down a Russian DB-3 twin-engine bomber. By the end of 1942, Grünberg had amassed 11 victories. He achieved his 20th victory on 23 April 1943, when he shot down a Russian I-16 fighter, and his 30th on 31 May, when he shot down a Russian Yak-4 twin-engine fighter. Grünberg’s most successful day on the Eastern front came on 5 July, when he downed seven Russian Il-2 Sturmovik ground-attack aircraft in three missions to record his 37th through 43rd victories. His 50th victory was recorded on 12 July 1943 and his 61st and last victory on the Eastern Front was achieved on 1 August 1943. He had baled out four times during his time in Russia, including when he suffered engine failure following aerial combat with Russian Yak-1 fighters on 16 July. Grünberg then flew with 5./JG 3 on Reichsverteidigung duties based in Germany. He was awarded the Deutsches Kreuz in Gold on 27 September 1943. FahnenjunkerOberfeldwebel Grünberg recorded his first four-engine bomber shot down on 24 February 1944, when he claimed a USAAF B-24 near Bad Hersfeld for his 64th victory. On 9 May 1944, Grünberg was appointed Staffelkapitän of 5./JG 3, when Oberleutnant Leopold “Poldi” Münster (95 victories, RK-EL) was shot down and killed in action the day before. He claimed his 70th victory on 29 May, when he shot down a USAAF B-17 four-engine bomber near Stettin. Leutnant Grünberg was awarded the Ritterkreuz on 9 June 1944 for 77 victories...."

źródło: http://www.luftwaffe.cz/grunberg.html

PS- patrz poniżej (misja 63) :
MISSIONS FLOWN BY THE 453rd
"...mission no.: 63 05/29/44 Politz, Germany – Synthetic Oil
Plant ..." , to by się zgadzało : "..N Stettin .." - Północna cześć Szczecina to Police.
Źródło: http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/aprilskie ... sions.html

A tak wyglądał zapewne zestrzelony B-17 ---> http://www.luftwaffe39-45.historia.nom.br/b17.htm

A na tej mapie coś Police im się przesunęły:
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/aprilskie ... sions2.jpg
wzieli mape powojenną i nanieśli miejscowości i dlatego Police wyszły im na terenie obecnych Niemiec. Braki z geografii chyba ?
J-23kriskros

Postautor: J-23kriskros » 31 sie 2007, o 21:15

29 Maj 1944 - MISJA Nr 95 - CEL: Police

http://www.b24.net/missions/MM052944.htm

Uwaga: W powyższym linku jest lista (imiona , nazwiska , funkcja i stopień) załóg uczestników misji Nr95.

PS- w tej misji Hans “Specker” Grünberg zestrzelił bombowiec:
"...He claimed his 70th victory on 29 May, when he shot down a USAAF B-17 four-engine bomber near Stettin..."

=======================================

20 Czerwca 1944 - MISJA Nr 116 (/ 117) - CEL: Police (/ Crepy)

http://www.b24.net/missions/MM062044.htm

Uwaga: W powyższym linku jest lista (imiona , nazwiska , funkcja i stopień) załóg uczestników misji Nr 116. Jest też sporo polsko brzmiących nazwisk uczestników misji.

PS- największe straty podczas jednej misji - POLICE na miejscu nr 9 , straty w ludziach : 37

http://www.b24.net/missions/index.htm

=======================================

25 Sierpnia 1944

".... Aug. 25-44 Politz, 10-500’s 9 hrs. 10 minutes flying time, 3 ½ [hrs.] on oxygen. Flak accurate and plenty of it, I saw 4-17s go down also saw trail of 2 areal [sic] bombs come over leading edge of wing and leveled off and went over towards trailing edge. Crossed North Sea at 2000 feet and meet [sic] another formation as we were rising through overcast. They came in [on] our left, scattered formation, no casualties. Met a flak ship just before we crossed Denmark were 20 miles from Sweden went around East of Stetten to target. Synthetic gas works- hit it good. 12 holes in ship 1past navigator’s neck 1 piece hit navigator in chest flak suit. ..."

Source: http://www.100thbg.com/mainpages/histor ... smiley.htm

========================================

7 Pażdziernik 1944 - Police

"... Technical Sgt. Hap Woodruff, a radio operator-gunner-mechanic in the U.S. Army Air Corps, was flying on his 10th bombing mission on Oct. 7, 1944, when antiaircraft fire brought down his B-17.

The plane was part of the 748th Bombing Squadron of the 457th Bomb Group, which was bombing a synthetic oil refinery in Politz, Poland, near the German border.

While approaching the target, Woodruff's bomber was hit in the nose section and an engine, but it flew for another 30 minutes until the engine and a wing caught fire.

"The plane was in flames, and we had to bail out," Woodruff wrote in his short autobiography. "Three of our members were wounded, but they all survived."

The wounded Woodruff and the bombardier, Lt. Arthur Jensen, parachuted into a forest and evaded capture for five days, traveling at night and hiding in the day, before German military police caught him, Woodruff said in videotapes about his life.

Woodruff's bomber was one of five aircraft shot down while 38 others were damaged during the mission over Politz, according to the "History of the 457th Bombardment Group." During that mission and the five before it, 24 bombers in the 457th were shot down, 88 were damaged and 225 crewmen were killed or missing in action, including POWs, the 457th history said... "

Source: http://girardpress.com/stories/071206/l ... 2005.shtml

============================================

7 Pażdziernik 1944 - Police

"... Oct. 7, 1944:We Bombed Politz Today. All Three Ships In The Lead Element Were Shot Down Over The Target. Colonel Luper, Our Group Commander Was Lost. I Think Two Men Got Out Of His Plane. We Were Hit Over Fifty Times, Holes Everywhere. Every Direction I Looked Flak Was Bursting. I Must Have Prayed Out Loud. I Could Smell The Flak Through My Oxygen Mask. I Was Sweating Even At 40 Degrees Below Zero. The Ship Flying On Our Left Wing Got A Direct Hit In The Nose. It Almost Crashed Into Us Out Of Control. One Man's Body Was Hanging Half Way Out Of What Was Left Of The Nose, Most Of His Clothes Blasted Off. In The Ball I Was Practically Looking The Bursts In The Face As They Tracked Us Along And Kept Exploding Right Under Me..."

Source: http://www.cloudnet.com/~jfb/
PrzemysławJ

Postautor: PrzemysławJ » 31 sie 2007, o 23:48

Co tu robią Police?Sprawa jest gruntownie przedstawiona na:

http://www.fabryka.police.info.pl/
mavr

Postautor: mavr » 1 wrz 2007, o 10:13

Szkoda że kolega J23kriskros nie zrobił z tych ciekawych materiałów artykułu. Było by to świetne spojżenie z innej perspektywy (od góry :) )na
artykuł BI na temat zniszczeń. Może jednak? ps. jeśli trzeba to coś tam moge potłumaczyć.
J-23kriskros

Postautor: J-23kriskros » 2 wrz 2007, o 00:06

"...Wizyta Związku Przyjaciół byłych pracowników Zakładu Benzyny Syntetycznej (1) (2006-11-11)
W dniach 5-7 października 2007 r. w Policach gościła 12-osobowa grupa Związku Przyjaciół byłych pracowników Zakładu Benzyny Syntetycznej Stettin - Pölitz...." Cytat z: http://www.fabryka.police.info.pl/

Co tu robią Police ??? - a no Police jak i Szczecin były celem bombardowań.
Czesto były to misje połączone. Mowa jest ogólnie o nalotach na nasz rejon.
Awatar użytkownika
Torney

Postautor: Torney » 2 wrz 2007, o 02:32

J-23kriskros pisze:W dniach 5-7 października 2007 r. w Policach gościła 12-osobowa grupa Związku Przyjaciół byłych pracowników Zakładu Benzyny Syntetycznej Stettin - Pölitz
Ooo, szkoda, że mnie to ominęło/ominie (z racji braku orientacji w czasie niepotrzebne skreślić).

A Police są witane u nas z otwartymi ramionami, nie tylko w wersji elektronicznej.
Erich-Falkenwaldergesellschaft
PrzemysławJ

Postautor: PrzemysławJ » 2 wrz 2007, o 15:40

Swego czasu współorganizowałem Policki Klub Dyskusyjny w Policach właśnie poruszający kwestie Starej Fabryki.Było spore zainteresowanie, także pasjonatów ze Szczecina.Jak na razie inicjatywa ta nieco podupadła ale mam nadzieję, że odżyje. Sam temat Starej Fabryki i jej wykorzystania obecnie to węzeł gordyjski na linii Gmina-Pasjonaci-Ochrona Środowiska(Nietoperze i Natura 2000)-Konserwator Zabytków.

Szkoda, to o wielokrotnie większym potencjale niż chociażby Międzyrzecki Rejon Umocniony lub "Wilczy Szaniec"
J-23kriskros

Postautor: J-23kriskros » 5 wrz 2007, o 00:10

Nowe ciekawostki na temat zestrzelonych załóg i ich losów:

Thomas Dick
Henry Haveron is seeking any information in regard to his Uncle 1798176 Sergeant (Air Gnr.) Thomas Dick who along with one other member of his crew was reported killed in action when Lancaster PD273 code PH-K from 12 Squadron took off from RAF Wickenby on the evening of 30/08/1944 on ops to Stettin
The other crew members who was also reported killed in action was
Sergeant (Air Gnr.) Thomas Brian Dufty.
The rest of the crew managed to escape the crash and were taken POW, inlduding
FO J H SpurrsSgt A Madelaine
FO J Cordner
PO K J Chambers
FO P L A Richardson RAAF
If you remember Thomas Dick or can help with any further details about him then Henry would like to hear from you and can be contacted at the email address below:
(adres w linku)
http://www.worldwar2exraf.co.uk/search. ... ry=stettin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire Clark (formerly Mannion) is trying to contact any surviving relatives to the following airmen who along with her Brother 1562926 Flight Sergeant (Bomb Aimer) Kevin Mannion were reported killed in action when their Lancaster III Serial PB461 code OF-M from 97 Squadron took off from RAF Coningsby at 1649 on the evening of 21/12/1944 on Ops to bomb the Synthetic Oil Works at Politz near Stettin in Poland and crashed in the mountains in Aseral, Norway.
The other crew members who were also reported killed in action were
410390 Flying Officer (Pilot) William Robert Sinclair RAAF
1416979 Sergeant (Flt. Engr.) (J) S B Morgan
J/89860 Pilot Officer (Nav.) George Herbert Kendall RCAF
1586074 Flight Sergeant (W.Op./Air Gnr.) Thomas David Cremins
1430022 Flight Sergeant (Air Gnr.) Edward Joseph Hobbs
1422977 Flight Sergeant (Air Gnr.) Gordon Anthony O'Neil Oliver
This was one of two Lancaster Bombers which crashed in the same mountainous area on the same night. The bodies of the airmen are buried in three different locations, i.e. Aseral, Eiken and Flekkefjord, The Mayor of Aseral, Mr Jorgen Asland, who is a keen historian, intends to open a Museum some time in the future, in memory of all the young airmen who died. Mr Asland would like, if possible, to have photographs of these young airmen to be included in the Museum. Mr Asland can, in turn, provide some background information in relation to the crash.
If you knew any of the above or their relatives then Calire would like to hear from you and can be contacted at the email address below:
(adres w linku)
http://www.worldwar2exraf.co.uk/Aircrew ... d%2084.htm

===========================================

"....F/S R.J. Jenkins. Wireless Operator RAAF 463 Sq. On 8/9 Feb. 1945. on an op to Politz in ED611 JO.U the crew were attacked by 2 night fighters working together. the Lancaster was badly damaged but Sgt Cottroll shot a JU88 down in flames and the other A/C was evaded. The crew coaxed the damaged Lancaster back to England and made an emergency landing at Carnaby...."

Source: http://www.wartimememories.co.uk/airfields/carnaby.html

===========================================

# JAMES WJ Sgt 8-9/02/45 Lancaster III ME299 KM-E SP Politz Killed Runnymede 1650
## JONES M Sgt 8-9/02/45 Lancaster III ME299 KM-E SP Politz Killed Runnymede 1650
###FINLAYSON DD F Sgt 8-9/02/45 Lancaster III ME299 KM-E SP Politz Killed Runnymede 1650
####FITZPATRICK RS Sgt 8-9/02/45 Lancaster III ME299 KM-E SP Politz PoW 1650
Source: http://www.cavillconnections.co.uk/spilsby.htm
Awatar użytkownika
Busol
Admin
Kontakt:

Postautor: Busol » 5 wrz 2007, o 00:19

A czytasz czasami ten wątek czy tylko wklejasz?

Pare postow nizej ktos ubolewa ze nie sporzadzisz jakiejs syntezy dla nieczytającyh w obcym jezyku i nieobytych z tematem.

Ja sam z checia cos takiego bym przeczytal bo w chwili obenej wszystko co wklejasz zlewa mi sie w jedną mase pt. "j23kriskros cos znwu wkeil"
Zapraszam na TrocheInaczej.pl.
"Niemcy kiedyś byli źli, a teraz są dobrzy. Ktoś mi tak opowiadał". Franek Bis.
J-23kriskros

Postautor: J-23kriskros » 5 wrz 2007, o 00:33

Szanowny Busol- TAK czytam , widziałem propozycje i ubolewanie.
Troche się tego uzbierało do tlumaczenia i wymaga to sporo czasu :)
Może konkretna propozycja jak to rozwiązać technicznie????

Z tego co widze post jest dość popularny i nie sądzę aby na ponad 3000 osób które tu zajrzały nikt nie znal w dzisiejszych czasach jez. ang. ?

Pozdrawiam

PS - cos znwu wkeil ???
A tak na marginesie to wersja ang. języczna przemawia do szerszego grona odwiedzających w tym zagranicznych gości ktorzy np. w wyszukiwarkę wpiszą słowa kluczowe. W ten sposób całkiem przypadkowo możne uzyskać interesujące informacje. Fakt , dla tych co nie uczyli się ang. przydaloby się tłumaczenie na nasz jezyk ojczysty.
Sam ubolęwam jak są załączane wstawki, wycinki z gazet w jez. niemieckim i nie są tlumaczone na jez. polski.
Awatar użytkownika
Zibsky

Vox populi

Postautor: Zibsky » 5 wrz 2007, o 04:16

Vox populi jako ze vox Dei juz byl :wink: - vide wypowiedz Busola....
Z reguly sie nie czepiam ale tworzenie watku na Forum na zasadzie wpisywania w wyszukiwarke - Stettin Politz RAF US Air Force a potem copy/paste zwlaszcza w angielskim nie zawsze daje najlepsze rezultaty...
Pare "kwiatkow"
J-23kriskros pisze:Zaczerpniete z linka:
ad1)) April 11, 1944 - Sttetin, Germany - Longest mission group has ever been on - 11 hours in the air. Target in Poland.......
..... Mission 299: 5 of 5 B-17s drop 2 million leaflets on Paris, Rouen, Le Mans,Rennes, Vichy, Lyon, Limoges and Toulouse between 2301 and 0055 hours localwithout loss.
Stettin in Poland w 44 ???
A poza tym co ma rozrzucanie ulotek nad Francja do historii Szczecina ????
J-23kriskros pisze:B-24 bombing the Politz oil refinery 20 June '44

We got up at one, we had hotcakes for breakfast.
Opisy sniadan..... a dzieje dawnego Szczecina :shock:

Jak rozumiem sa to glownie fragmenty wspomnien lotnikow z ich akcji. Tak jak pisal Busol i chyba nie tylko on....gdyby to wszystko zebrac do "kupy" ladnie "przemielic" to wyszedlby moze i ciekawy artykul a tak to...... do wiedzy o Szczecinie za duzo to nie wnosi + to ze praktycznie wiekszosc jest po angielsku.... co raczej sprawy nie ulatwia....
J-23kriskros pisze:Szanowny Busol- TAK czytam , widziałem propozycje i ubolewanie.
Troche się tego uzbierało do tlumaczenia i wymaga to sporo czasu :)
Może konkretna propozycja jak to rozwiązać technicznie????
Po prostu przetlumaczyc to na polski i posluchac rady Bronx'a jak sie zabezpieczyc przed niespodziewanymi awariami....
J-23kriskros pisze:Sam ubolęwam jak są załączane wstawki, wycinki z gazet w jez. niemieckim i nie są tlumaczone na jez. polski.
"Wiec nie czyn drugiemu co tobie niemile" :D Inni moga nie znac np. angielskiego :shock:
J-23kriskros pisze: A tak na marginesie to wersja ang. języczna przemawia do szerszego grona odwiedzających w tym zagranicznych gości ktorzy np. w wyszukiwarkę wpiszą słowa kluczowe. W ten sposób całkiem przypadkowo możne uzyskać interesujące informacje. Fakt , dla tych co nie uczyli się ang. przydaloby się tłumaczenie na nasz jezyk ojczysty.
Nie bylbym az takim optymista jezeli chodzi o ilosc tych szukajacych angielskich opisow nalotow na Stettin na Sedinie.pl :D
Awatar użytkownika
2pac

Postautor: 2pac » 5 wrz 2007, o 14:49

chyba to jest polska strona to może zadbajcie najpierw o polskich użytkownikach